All Veterans applying for sponsorship must meet the following criteria:
1. Must be a veteran who served in an area of combat operations.
2. Must be separated/retired from active duty status (National Guard/Reserve duty not included).
3. Must provide proof of honorable discharge from military service DD214.
4. Must provide VA entitlement/rating letter.
5. Must be willing to commit to training at least a minimum of four times per month at a Helping Hoof Foundation Approved Training Facility for the duration of six months.
6. Must be able to groom, saddle, and ride a horse unsupervised after appropriate training.